Ring Size Guide & Enquiries
DETERMINING YOUR RING SIZE
We recommend visiting our Sunsonite Jewellery Boutique to have your finger size measured by one of our friendly Sales Consultants. You can visit any jeweller and ask them to measure your finger size. Should neither of these be possible, you can use the helpful information below to determine the finger size.
Do not fear if one of our items is not marked in your size. E-mail us or call us to confirm your size beforehand. Note that we do call you after ring orders to confirm before we start the process.
How to measure your finger
Your ring should fit your finger comfortably; it needs to sit snug enough so it will not fall off, but it needs to be loose enough to slide over your knuckle.
Finger size changes depending on the time of day and the weather. For the best result measure your finger size:
- For the best accuracy, measure your finger when your hands are warm as well as when they are cold. (Fingers are generally smaller in the morning and larger in the afternoon.)
- Measure you finger size 3 to 4 times to eliminate the possibility of a incorrect measurement.
How do I buy the right size without options.
Please request in our chat window on the bottom right of the screen
or call or e-mail us. (You might just get additional discounts)
We will let you know if it is available in that size and give you a go-ahead to purchase it online. If it is not available in the your requested correct size we will give you an alternative way of having it sized or we can request the workshop to have one made for you.
Tips for buying a ring as a surprise
Ask your significant other’s mother or friends if they know her ring finger size.
You can also borrow one of your significant other’s rings that she wears on her ring finger and take it to your closest jeweller and ask them to measure the ring for you.
If you are in the possession of a vernier you can measure the inside diamater of the ring and use the chart below to find the finger size.
How to personally measure a ring size
Please use the steps listed below to find a ring size. Should you measure and a finger size comes in at the bottom of this chart, but your significant other has dainty hands, or vice versa. Please check your measurements again, as the lower the size is on the chart, the bigger the finger size is.
What you will need:
- a scissor
- a ruler (work with the mm side)
- a pen or pencil
Steps for measuring your finger
- Cut a thin strip of paper. (It should have a width of about 6mm.)
- Wrap the paper around the finger of the person that you wish to purchase the ring for (as tightly as possible.) Make sure the paper is below the joint of the finger and close to your knuckle. Mark the spot where the paper meets. (For the best accuracy; ensure that the paper does not bend or tear and that it stays straight.)
- Use the chart below to determine your ring size. Start by lining up the start of the paper with 0 on the ruler. Keeping the piece of paper straight the mark will line up with another number on the ruler. Use this measurement and the circumference on the chart below to determine the finger size that you need.
Ring sizing chart
United States & Canada
Singapore & Japan