0.50ct Tanzanite and Diamond Halo Pendant in 9ct White Gold
Size: 10mm x 8mm
Tanzanite: 0.50ct Total
Clarity: Eye Clean
Natural Diamonds: 0.07ct Total
Metal: 375 - 9ct White Gold
Leave a note or mail us after checkout of the size you need. Please note that a sizing will be charged anything between fee if not listed and may apply depending on time and added metals.
All you have to know
Tanzanite need to know:
Tanzanite's unique feature is its strong pleochroism, which means the gem displays a captivating mix of blue and violet hues depending on the viewing angle. The majority of mined tanzanites are light to medium purple and blue, but the true gems are the intensely saturated, bluish-violet stones, typically found in sizes above 5 carats. These rare beauties are highly sought after for their captivating color play and value.
Eye-visible inclusions can significantly impact tanzanite's value, especially in lighter stones where they stand out more. Fractures that compromise durability further decrease worth.
Cushion, trillion, and oval cuts are most common for tanzanite, available in various shapes. Cutting orientation influences the visible colors through the crown. Emphasizing violet face-up typically retains more carat weight compared to prioritizing blue.
Tanzanite comes in both fine larger pieces with rich color and lighter material cut for standardized mass
- Get your tanzanite professionally cleaned and buffed by a jeweler once a year.
- If you're active, choose a pendant or necklace over a ring to reduce the risk of scratches.
- Avoid sudden temperature changes, harsh chemicals, and extreme heat.
- Have your jeweler check the setting every year.
- Remove the gemstone before altering the jewelry.
- Put on your tanzanite jewelry after applying makeup, hairspray, perfume, or lotion to avoid residue buildup.
Keeping your tanzanite sparkling:
- Ditch the harsh stuff! Use a soft brush and gentle dish soap in warm water.
- Rinse well with a different soft brush. Don't let precious gems go down the drain!
- Keep chemicals away from your tanzanite like it's kryptonite.
Ultrasonic cleaning? No thanks!
The vibrations are too strong and can damage your tanzanite. Stick to the gentle touch.
- Give your tanzanite its own comfy home in a soft pouch or box. Think of it as a gem-sized apartment.
- Don't let it mingle with other jewelry – scratches are no fun.
Time to get active? Take it off!
Protect your tanzanite from bumps and bangs by removing it before cleaning, gardening, or exercising. Think of it as giving your gem a spa day while you get active.
A Story from Beyond: Introducing Tanzanite
Imagine a gemstone discovered not in ancient mines, but amidst the Tanzanian wilderness in 1967! That's the unique tale of tanzanite, a rare gem born near Mount Kilimanjaro. Its stunning blue hues, rivaling the summer sky, captivated the world overnight.
But what makes it so special? Let's delve deeper...
Exploring the Essence of Tanzanite
- Color: A mesmerizing symphony of blues, purples, and violets, shifting with light and viewing angle (thanks to trichroism!).
- Clarity: Mostly transparent to translucent, showcasing its inner brilliance.
- Rarity: Found only in a single location in Tanzania, making it more precious than diamonds!
- Durability: Moderately hard (6-6.5 on Mohs scale), perfect for everyday wear with proper care.
- Symbolism: Associated with prosperity, communication, intuition, and spiritual growth, adding meaning to your adornment.
Why Fall in Love with Tanzanite?
Here's what sets tanzanite apart:
- Unique Beauty: Its mesmerizing color play and rarity create a captivating statement piece.
- Versatility: Available in various cuts and sizes, suitable for necklaces, rings, earrings, and more.
- Investment Potential: Its rarity and growing demand may make it a valuable investment.
- Ethical Choice: Responsible sourcing options ensure sustainable mining practices.
- Symbolic Meaning: Express your inner strength and aspirations with its associated symbolism.
Ready to Embrace the Blue?
© 2024 All Rights Reserved